Fuliza, a revolutionary service by Safaricom, stands out in Kenya’s digital financial landscape. It’s essentially an overdraft facility tailored specifically for M-PESA users, enabling them to complete transactions even when their account balances fall short. This flexibility has made Fuliza an integral part of everyday financial activities for many Kenyans.
Fuliza’s primary function is to provide a safety net. Whether it’s for sending money, paying bills, or purchasing goods, Fuliza steps in to cover the shortfall when your M-PESA balance is insufficient. For new users, the Fuliza limit is always 0. The limit is subject to change based on your M-PESA transaction history, repayment behavior, and overall usage of Safaricom services.
Why is my Fuliza limit 0
Why is my Fuliza limit 0? This is a question that many new Fuliza users often ask. This situation is always frustrating, especially if you are in a case where you want to use full M-Pesa Immediately.
Various factors contribute to why your Fuliza Mpesa is 0, and it can be an issue due to inactivity in your M-PESA account to the matters related to creditworthiness.
The following sections of this article will delve into the reasons behind a zero Fuliza limit and provide solutions to increase it. For users who find themselves with a Fuliza limit of zero, understanding these aspects is crucial.
Understanding Why Your Fuliza Limit Might Be Zero
Discovering a Fuliza limit of zero can be frustrating for many Safaricom users. This section explores the primary reasons behind this issue, providing insights into how Safaricom determines your Fuliza limit.
1. Inactivity or Low Usage of M-Pesa Account
One of the most significant factors leading to a zero Fuliza limit is inactivity or minimal use of your M-Pesa account. Safaricom encourages regular use of its digital financial services. If your account shows prolonged periods of inactivity or low transaction volumes, Safaricom might reduce your Fuliza limit to zero as a precautionary measure.
2. Impact of CRB Blacklisting
Your credit history plays a crucial role in determining your Fuliza limit. If you have been blacklisted by the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) due to loan defaults, it can adversely affect your Fuliza limit. Like many financial institutions, Safaricom assesses your creditworthiness before assigning or adjusting your Fuliza limit.
2. Outstanding Loans on Safaricom-related Services
Another critical factor is the status of your loans with Safaricom and its related services. If you have outstanding loans, be it Fuliza or other services like OKOA JAHAZI, MSHWARI, or KCB MPESA, it can reduce your Fuliza limit. Such scenarios indicate financial distress or poor repayment behavior, prompting Safaricom to lower your limit.
Practical Strategies to Increase Your Fuliza Limit
Enhancing your Fuliza limit is about unlocking financial flexibility and demonstrating responsible financial behavior. Here are some strategies to effectively increase your Fuliza limit.
1. Regular Use of Fuliza for Transactions
Frequent usage of the Fuliza service is a crucial factor in increasing your limit. By regularly utilizing Fuliza for transactions such as paying bills or making purchases, you signal your reliability as a customer to Safaricom. This consistent interaction helps build trust, often leading to an increased Fuliza limit.
2. Increased Usage of M-PESA and Safaricom Services
Your engagement with many Safaricom services also influences your Fuliza limit. Regular transactions through M-PESA, such as sending money, buying airtime, and paying bills, help establish a pattern of active financial behavior. This extensive usage of Safaricom’s services demonstrates your value as a customer, making you more likely to receive a higher Fuliza limit.
3. Timely Repayment of Fuliza Loans
Prompt repayment of your Fuliza loans is the most impactful way to increase your limit. Fuliza loans typically come with a 30-day repayment window. Clearing your debt within this period strongly indicates your financial discipline. Timely repayments build trust with Safaricom, which is often rewarded with a higher Fuliza limit. It’s a simple yet powerful way to show you’re a reliable borrower.
4. Avoiding CRB Blacklisting
Maintaining a good credit score is essential, not just for Fuliza, but for your overall financial health. This means staying clear of CRB blacklisting by ensuring you do not default on loans, whether from Fuliza or other lenders. A clean credit record boosts your chances of an increased Fuliza limit, portraying you as a creditworthy individual.
By adopting these strategies, you can effectively work towards increasing your Fuliza limit. Remember, it’s not just about frequent usage but also about demonstrating financial responsibility and trustworthiness.
Special Focus: Increasing Fuliza Limit from Zero
When your Fuliza limit is zero, it can be a significant setback. However, there are specific actions you can take to elevate your limit from zero and regain access to this crucial financial service.
1. Clearing Outstanding Loans
The first step in rectifying a zero limit is to clear any existing loans from Fuliza, other Safaricom-related services, or different lenders. Settling these debts is crucial in demonstrating your commitment to financial responsibilities, which can positively influence your Fuliza limit.
2. Keeping Your Safaricom Line Active
Ensure that your Safaricom line has been active for more than six months. A newly registered or seldom-used line might not be eligible for a higher Fuliza limit. Regular usage of your Safaricom line for calls, texts, and other services can significantly reinstate your Fuliza limit.
3. Obtaining CRB Clearance
Obtaining clearance from the CRB is essential if your credit history has been tainted due to defaults. Once you settle your outstanding debts, request a clearance certificate from the CRB. This step is vital to demonstrate your renewed creditworthiness to Safaricom.
4.Frequent Use of Safaricom and M-PESA Services
Besides using Fuliza, engage more with Safaricom and M-PESA services. Regular transactions, such as buying airtime, sending money, and paying bills through M-PESA, indicate active financial behavior. This consistent engagement can contribute to a positive reassessment of your Fuliza limit.
5. Opting Out and Opting In Again
Sometimes, opting out of Fuliza and back in can reset your limit. This can be done by dialing *234# on your phone, selecting Fuliza M-PESA, opting out, and then opting in again. After this process, check your limit to see if there has been any adjustment.
By following these steps, you can work towards increasing your Fuliza limit from zero. It combines demonstrating financial responsibility, actively using Safaricom services, and maintaining a good credit history. For those starting from zero, patience and consistent effort are crucial to improving your Fuliza limit.
PEOPLE ALSO ASK
What is Fuliza?
- Fuliza is an overdraft service offered by Safaricom. It enables M-PESA users to complete transactions even when they lack sufficient funds, as long as the transaction amount is within their Fuliza limit.
How do I activate Fuliza?
- To activate Fuliza, dial *234# on your M-PESA-registered mobile number, select ‘Fuliza M-PESA,’ opt-in, and accept the terms and conditions.
How do I increase my Fuliza limit?
- Regular use of Fuliza and Safaricom services, prompt repayment within the 30-day window, maintaining a good credit score, and avoiding CRB blacklisting are some effective strategies to increase your Fuliza limit.
What happens if I fail to repay my Fuliza balance within 30 days?
- Please repay your balance within 30 days to avoid a decline in your Fuliza limit. Additionally, your credit score could be negatively affected, and Safaricom might list you with Credit Reference Bureaus (CRBs).
Can I use Fuliza to withdraw cash from an ATM?
- No, you cannot use Fuliza to withdraw cash from an ATM. Fuliza can only be used for transactions like sending money, buying goods, paying bills, and withdrawing money from an M-PESA agent.
Is Fuliza available to all Safaricom users?
- Fuliza is available to registered Safaricom users with an active line for at least six months. Users must also opt into the service to be eligible.
How do you check your Fuliza loan limit?
- To check your Fuliza limit, dial *234#, select Fuliza M-PESA, and then select ‘check your limit.’ You will receive a confirmation message with your available limit.
What is the maximum Fuliza limit?
- The maximum Fuliza limit is Ksh 70,000, while the minimum loan limit ranges from Ksh 1 to Ksh 70,000. To achieve the maximum limit, you must use Fuliza frequently and repay borrowed amounts on time.