For any teacher working in Kenya, the Teachers Service Commission plays a crucial role in the career. The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) in Kenya, established in 1967, remains the organization responsible for the welfare of teachers in Kenya. TSC’s role stretches beyond managing the interests of teachers in Kenya. It also offers teachers the renowned TSC Online portal that allows teachers in Kenya to access TSC Online Services by just using their smartphone or any device that can access the internet.
If you are a teacher in Kenya, TSC Online Services is now a new term that has just popped up recently. With the advent of the internet and various technologies, it is now possible to do your work in the comfort of your home. Well, as for teachers in Kenya, this is much more possible; imagine waking up to view and download your payslip with just a tap on your phone or even finding TSC’s advertised teacher position. Yes, all this is possible thanks to the Teacher Online services. With that in mind, in this article, I will take you through every Teacher’s Online service in Kenya and how to access them.
Let us now get started.
List Of All TSC Online Services In Kenya And How To Access Them
1 . Teachers Online System
The Teachers Service Commission has an online service called the Teachers Online system. TSC fully manages this platform, and its purpose is to provide an array of services to teachers that include:
- Searching For TSC advertised vacancies: TSC usually conducts Teacher Recruitment periodically, and if you are looking to get hired by the Teachers Service Commission, this is the best place that you can start from
- Leave Application: TSC offers various types of leave, such as Annual Leave, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Compassionate Leave, Study Leave, and Special Leaves. These leaves are essential to teachers whenever the need arises. If you find yourself in a situation where you need to apply for one, you already know where to start from
- Teacher Registration: Case you need to access urgent services like Access to payslips, P9 forms for tax returns, and third-party services, you will first need to be Registered in the Teachers Portal
You can access the Teachers Online System by visiting the URL https://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/
Another Important TSC Online service teachers in Kenya can not do without is the TPAD system. TPAD in full for the Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development is just an online tool that TSC uses to evaluate Teachers’ performance. The TPAD system, a web-based application known as TPAD2, allows teachers and their supervisors to access appraisal data, submit feedback, and track the teachers’ progress. Teachers are appraised cyclically, with each cycle lasting one year.
To access the TPAD system, you can visit https://tpad2.tsc.go.ke/
TSC has also integrated the T-PAY system into its Teacher’s online portal systems. The TSC T-PAY IS DESIGNED to allow teachers from all over Kenya to access their Payslips online easily. In addition, Teachers can also access the P9 forms for filing Tax Returns as Required by KRA and TSC and also access other needed third-party services. As a teacher in Kenya, to access the TPAY system, you need to :
- Start by Visiting the TSC T-PAY Page
- You can also do this by using the link: https://tpay.tsc.go.ke/fa392bf9a4692aa0cc/zln.
- Login into the system using your TSC Number or ID card
4. TMIS Returns
As a teacher in Kenya, you must keep updating your information continuously, and that’s where TMIS Returns, or Teachers Service Commission Management Information System Returns, come into play. Usually, the TMIS Returns are filled by school heads or administrators of various schools and then submitted back to TSC. The Teachers Service Commission can learn about teacher staffing, student enrollment, and other important school information from this data.
TMIS Returns are submitted to the TSC regularly, usually quarterly or annually.
Below is a PDF that guides you on how to use TMIS Returns
5. TSC Teacher Posting
Finally, there is the Teacher’s Posting. This service allows teachers to track various Recruitment processes and Open positions. The TSC teacher posting process is as follows:
- The TSC advertises for vacant teaching positions in different schools across the country.
- Interested teachers apply for the advertised jobs through the TSC Online Teachers Portal.
- The TSC shortlists qualified candidates and conducts interviews.
- The TSC posts the successful candidates to the various schools.
Start by visiting the TSC Online Teachers Portal.
TSC also has another essential online service tool, the Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS). This platform aims only to have an electronic TSC Teachers data and information database. As a teacher, you can use the HRMIS Portal to perform many tasks, including TSC Recruitment dates and positions, Teacher placement across various schools, Filling out Performance appraisal and payroll processing, among many other services.
TSC HRMIS Portal can be accessed via LINK
TSC Contact Information
In case you need to talk to TSC, you can easily do so by using the following contact details:
- Address: TSC House, Kilimanjaro Av, Private Bag 00100, Nairobi
- Call: (020) 289-2000 or 0722 208 552 / 0777 208 552
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org